The fastest way for you to find us:
Our online application
We do accept applications, in spite of the current pandemic!
The first step for you is to fill out and submit the application form below. Subsequently, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with additional information. We will then contact you personally to discuss the next steps in your application process.
PLEASE NOTE: Please wait for the pop up window informing you that your application has been successfully submitted before closing the browser window.
We currently offer you two ways to apply: you can either send us a self-tape audition or you sign up for our admissions workshop on 24th and 25th September 2021. You do not need to prepare audition pieces for the workshop, but you will need some German language skills!
The admissions workshop on 24th and 25th September will, of course, be conducted in accordance with current health and safety guidelines. The workshop will give you a chance to get to know our school, our methods as well as our faculty. In addition to giving you a chance to experience our philosophy in action, the workshop serves as your entry exam. You can find out more about our admissions workshop by following this link: https://www.schauspielschule-berlin.de/event/bewerbungsworkshop-sose2021/. In order to apply for the admissions workshop you will need to fill out the form and transfer the application fee of 90€ into the school’s checking account.
If you do not wish to attend the workshop, you can send your self-tape audition via WeTransfer or a service of your choice. Please consider the following:
- Send the download link to our director of instructions, David Emig, at email@example.com
- Please ensure the video’s length does not exceed 8 min
- To start off tell us a bit about yourself and why you are choosing to pursue a career in acting
- Perform two audition pieces, each no longer than 3 min (1 classical piece, 1 contemporary piece)
- Perform 1 song of your choosing, ideally with accompaniment, and try to express what you are trying to say to us as your audience.
A few additional tips:
- Make sure you are using a fairly “neutral” space to film your monologues (or two person scenes; it is also possible to do a scene, if you work with proper editing).
- Use props. Be mindful and be specific in your choices.
We want to see you expressing yourself in your creativity, your imagination, and your talent.
In order to successfully submit your application, you will need to have the following attachments handy, either as a PDF or JPEG file:
(* mandatory fields)
- Tell us why you want to study acting with us
- Your last report card or reference
Deine berliner schule für schauspiel, David Emig, künstlerischer Leiter